Posted by: nancyca | February 2, 2008

Yes, I’m still here….

So much has been going on around here lately. I know that sounds like a broken record, but I thought 2008 was going to be slower paced? LOL

Tonight I got some awful news. My Mom fell getting out of bed and has badly fractured her hip. They have her doped up on morphine and they will be doing surgery either tonight or early morning. Dad was waiting for the surgeons last we talked and they would decide when to do the surgery. He kept telling us that it was a VERY bad fracture. Poor Mom and Dad. She’s just a frail 90 lb. almost 82 year old woman. She’s been through a double stroke and carotid artery surgery and then pneumonia….now this. God bless her and Dad.

I was STILL fighting that nasty migraine/headache so badly this past week that I was waking up every night for 6 nights and wide awake for 2-3 hours with my head just hurting. Woke up yesterday morning from 3:30 to almost 7am….not good. And my ears hurt. Went into the doc yesterday and I apparently have had both ears infected and my sinuses enlarged and infected all this time. I didn’t have a cold, so I didn’t think about it. She said it is from the dry air from running the heater so much this past month as it’s been below freezing temps here. So, I went on anti’s yesterday and hopefully in a few days I’ll start feeling better.

On Wednesday I finally broke down and went to a podiatrist. Both of my feet have been really bad since I fell down the stairs 2+ years ago. Found out that I have plantar fasciitis on my left foot. He thinks it never got better because I probably tore the tendon. Great…but the news gets better yet. My right foot has a neuroma on my 2nd toe joint in the padding of my foot. It got so bad that I couldn’t walk on it anymore. He said that he is worried that the nerve has attached itself to the joint and that’s why the joint hurts so bad and it hurts to bend that toe. So, I got a removable arch made for my left foot (temp one) and also got a wonderful numbing shot in my right foot along with some cortisone and then a good taping up to make me walk properly on it now. I go back next week to see where we go from here. I’m just happy to be getting something done about it. My inept GP has just kept telling me for 2 years that there is nothing he could give me for pain and that he didn’t know what it was going on in my feet. ugh…

I’ve been crocheting and cross stitching. I have a couple of crochet pics of my first 2 crochet finishes for 2008. A scarf and an afghan made for a friend.

I’m working on my Mirabilia Fern right now. I’m hoping to have her finished up, beads and all, by the end of the weekend. I have Daisy to start on afterwards, but need to find some OD fabric for her first.

Til next time….


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: